While women already faced challenges in reaching gender equality in the workforce before COVID-19, and financial stability for some, it’s only gotten worse. The majority of jobs that suffered or were eliminated in the ongoing aftermath of the pandemic were held by women. In an effort to give these women the means to not only return to the workforce but flourish in their careers, we’re partnering with the only global employment resource for women, Dress for Success.
- 79% of women served by Dress for Success have been laid off.
- 85% have applied for unemployment benefits.
- 66% are facing financial hardship.
- 77% feel stressed and anxious about their financial future.
- 51% are mothers.
Dress for Success’s mission is to help women achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. The organization’s work is more important now than ever, especially for women of color. According to the Center for American Progress, women of color are disproportionally affected by COVID-19, in addition to the economic and health disadvantages that they already face.
Dress for Success is helping women navigate the pandemic in the following ways:
- Offering virtual programming, focusing on the topics most relevant to women right now.
- Sharing information, opportunities and training with their clients.
- Building partnerships that allow them to quickly support women in need.
We’re committed to furthering Dress for Success’s mission, especially in these unprecedented times. For every dress sold on usa.frenchconnection.com from 11/12 through 11/15, French Connection will donate one dress to the organization to empower women pursuing their professional endeavors.
For more information, please visit dfsmovingforward.org.