After an extra long work week, a Friday night in with good friends is all we need. It gives us a chance to reconnect and relax in the tiny yet comforting environment that we call home. But, what is a night in without sinful snacks and cocktails? Absolutely NOTHING. And since we can't afford to break our New Year's Resolution and call on our good friend Seamless (or Delivery.com), it's off to work we go. And by work, we mean frantically searching Pinterest for quick, easy and Instagram-worthy recipes. Here is one we felt the need to share with you because what is better than miniature bottles of Patron with straws? Enjoy and let us know your thoughts!
- Photo by Abby Larson via stylemepretty.com
• 8 flour tortillas
• Coconut or Olive Oil Spray
• 1/2 pound ground turkey
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1/4 cup water
• pre-made guacamole
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1 container pico de gallo
• hot sauce
1. *You need a flat wire roasting rack and a cookie sheet to make the taco shell.
2. Preheat your oven to 400.
3. Using a 2" cookie cutter, cut out your taco shells from your flour tortillas. You should get 3 shells per tortilla. Always a good idea to make more in case you end up with a few broken shells.
4. Place your roasting rack on top of your cookie sheet.
5. Spray both sides of your taco shells with olive oil or coconut oil.
6. Gently fold your shell into the shape of a taco and place in between the grates of your rack. The bottom should be touching the cookie sheet, the top should be sitting between two grates.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, watching closely so they don't burn. Before removing, gently check to make sure they have crisped up.
8. Remove and let cool entirely.
9. Meanwhile, brown your ground turkey.
10. Once browned, add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, water, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and let simmer for about 10 minutes until water has evaporated.
11. In a small bowl, blend your guacamole and your sour cream.
12. To assemble tacos, start with turkey. Top with pico de gallo, then guacamole and lastly hot sauce.
13. Serve immediately.
- Photo by Diana Johnson via sheknows.com
• 2 (50 milliliter) bottles Patrón tequila
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• Kosher salt
1. Pour the tequila into a glass or cocktail shaker.
2. Add the lime juice and sugar, and stir or shake until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Wet the rims of the tequila bottles, and dip them in kosher salt.
4. Use a funnel to pour the margarita shots back into the bottles (you will have 1 extra shot), and refrigerate until ready to serve.